This position requires a goal-oriented, revenue-driven, highly accurate and motivated Biller.
Primary duties include, but are not limited to: consistently follow up on unpaid claims utilizing
monthly aging reports, filing appeals when appropriate to obtain maximum reimbursement and
establish and maintain strong relationships with providers, clients, patients and fellow staff.
Secondary duties include but are not limited to: data entry of all patient demographic, guarantor
and insurance information, posting procedures and insurance/patient payments, balance to daily
deposits and other duties as assigned.
DETAILED WORK ACTIVITIES
Computer experience is essential, including, but not limited to: Eclinical software, word
processing and spreadsheet applications, with a minimum of 40 wpm typing speed and 10-key
- Experience in CPT and ICD-9 coding; familiarity with medical terminology.
- Advanced experience in all aspects of revenue cycle management.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage relationships with various Insurance payers.
Experience in filing claim appeals with insurance companies to ensure maximum entitled
- Neat appearance; pleasant speaking voice and demeanor; positive attitude.
- Responsible use of confidential information.
- Perform to company standards of compliance with policies and procedures.
Ability to multi-task and work courteously and respectfully with fellow employees, clients and
- Ensure all claims are submitted with a goal of zero errors.
- Verifies completeness and accuracy of all claims prior to submission.
- Accurately Post all insurance payments by line item.
- Timely follow up on insurance claim denials, exceptions or exclusions.
- Meet deadlines.
- Reading and interpreting insurance explanation of benefits.
Utilize monthly aging accounts receivable reports to follow up on unpaid claims aged over 30
Make necessary arrangements for medical records requests, completion of additional
information requests, etc. as requested by insurance companies.
- Respond to inquiries from insurance companies, patients and providers.
- Perform and/or assist in month end procedures for accurate accounting.
Regularly meet with Account Manager to discuss and resolve reimbursement issues or billing
- Regularly attend monthly staff meetings and continuing educational sessions as requested.
- Perform additional duties as requested by Supervisory or Management team.
High School diploma or equivalent. Prefer Associates degree in Medical Billing and Coding or
Accounting; however, four years of experience in lieu of education may also be considered.
JOB DETAILS & BENEFITS
Job Location: Bakersfield, CA 93309
Hours/Week: Full-Time 40 Hrs per Week (8:00 AM – 5:00 PM) Monday-Friday *flexible Benefits
Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance, Holidays & Paid Time Off